Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A Great Tool for LDAP

It's a rare Identity Management project that does not involve an LDAP repository. I've found that it is most useful to have a tool that will let you browse these repositories.

For Read only operations, I loved the old MaXware Directory Explorer. Simple and lightweight. It had a couple of idiosyncrasies, but it was a great tool. It does not seem to be available for download however. I'm in the process of checking with SAP to find out its final status. Let's hope it has not gone to that big bit bucket in the sky!

Lately I've been using the Apache Directory Studio as my LDAP Browser. It's a great multi-platform tool that is Java based and available for Windows, Linux and Apple OS X. One of the things I like most about this application is that it is also an LDAP editor which is nice for tweaking data when doing testing.

Hope you enjoy it too!

No comments: