- We needed the use of the %FIELD% operation for linking pull-down tabs as I have previously discussed. This was inadvertently broken in SP3.
- Approvals. Approvals are greatly improved in SP4, almost reaching the level of ease that we had back in IDM 7.0 / MIC 8. The only thing making it somewhat more complex is the addition of some really cool multi-step approvals and escalations.
I was able to validate the first test case easily enough, but I was having some trouble with the second case. It seems that I could not get the approvals to work the way I should. After some thought and discussion, we decided it was time to go back to software troubleshooting 101, RTFM. When you look at the database install / upgrade document it pretty clearly says:
Enabling the 7.2 approval mechanism on an Identity Center database
To enable the 7.2 approval mechanism:
1. Stop any running dispatchers.
2. Open a command prompt and navigate to the directory containing the Identity Center script files.
3. Run the script mxmc-enable-72-approvals.cmd. You are prompted for the password for mxmc_oper.
4. Start the dispatchers.
It would have been nice if this information was also included in the Approvals tutorial, which as new functionality I looked at as opposed to the install/upgrade for a Service Pack, but when all else fails, read the docs, they’re there for a reason.