Thursday, October 21, 2010

Errors when deploying a Service Pack

One of the interesting things about the move from MaXware Identity Center to SAP NetWeaver Identity Management (Or even NetWeaver Identity Management 7.0 to 7.1) is that we've moved away from the PHP / SMARTY presentation engine to SAP NetWeaver and WebDynpro. I'm not going to go into the pros and cons of this change as I've pretty much found it to be a wash. However, usually one of the better things about using NetWeaver is that it makes the update process quite a bit easier.

Notice, I said usually....

Every now and then when setting up a new environment I get all kinds of crazy dependency errors when deploying the new SCA file. This drove me absolutely crazy for a while until an experienced NetWeaver hand pointed out what the issue was.

I do most of my development work using a VM on my Laptop that uses NW Developer Workplace 7.0. It seems the dependency issue was coming about when I was trying to deploy a SCA file for NetWeaver 7.1. Once I  tried deploying the correct SCA file it went much better.

For the record:
  • The correct file for 7.0 is: IDMIC05_0-10007482.SCA
  • The correct file for 7.1 is: IDMIC05_0-10007483.SCA
I'm sure that this is documented somewhere, but I figured I'd share it for general reference.
 
I'll be posting a wrap up of SAP TechEd 2010 later tonight or tomorrow.
 
Post a Comment