Monday, January 25, 2010

Ok, it's been a while

Sorry it's been a while since I've posted. Been considering a lot of things lately and It's been just a little bit hectic over the last three months.

Working on some new things and I hope to share developments shortly.

However I'd like to comment on two things that I've noticed lately.

1. As always documentation is THE MOST IMPORTANT part of your IdM project. If you are a consultant, it's what you are ultimately paid for. Yes, you might design connectors, solutions, etc, but that is only part of it. Without documentation to allow your customers to keep working, it's they are crippled. As the wise person once said, "Give a person a fish, you feed them for a day, teach them to fish and you feed them for a lifetime" As the customer, you must have some documentation in place to provide a starting point for your work. I am currently working with a company now to assist in this and it will be the foundation for further work. These folks are starting off on the right foot and using their heads.

2. I was recently asked "What's the right product for our organization" My question back was what do you run and what do you want to do? I don't know that I'd recommend ILM in an all *NIX environment, for example. We need to listen, learn, think and THEN execute.

That's it for the moment. I might have some other thoughts in the days ahead. I'll be sure to share.


No comments: