Monday, May 12, 2008

SP2 and CONFIG.XML

So, I was updating an Identity Center instance last week to SP2 and I found that after the upgrade I could no longer access the Workflow or Monitoring Web User Interface.

After some investigation and inquiries, I was told to check out the CONFIG.XML file, which is one of the first places one should check when troubleshooting, that I might be missing some information.

Here's the relevant section of my CONFIG.XML:

<workflow>
<servertype>MSSQL</servertype>
<serveraddress>LOCALHOST</serveraddress>
<databasename>mxmc_db</databasename>
<username>mxmc_prov</username>
<password>Changeme</password>
<cryptkey>C:\IC\workflow\configs\KEY\keys.ini</cryptkey>
</workflow>

I did not see anything wrong here, and then I thought to compare it to a clean install of Identity Center. I found that the following lines were added:

<charset>UTF-8</charset>
<loglevel>0</loglevel>
<enable_cache>FALSE</enable_cache>
<sessionstore>DEFAULT</sessionstore>
<sessionstore_params>
<default_language>EN</default_language>
<default_dateformat>YYYY-MM-DD</default_dateformat>

So I cut this information out and dropped it into my Upgrade install. Fixed my Workflow and Monitoring Issues and I was able to finish my upgrade.

Moving on...
Post a Comment